In the BrewEasy, this is achieved using 2 kettles placed on top of one other. The top kettle holds the mash. This kettle has a filter base, through which the filtered wort flows into the brew (or boil) kettle positioned below it. It is then heated up in the brew kettle and pumped back up into the mash kettle. An AutoSparge ensures that the pump pumps back exactly the same amount that flows into the brew kettle. Once the mash process is completed, all of the wort flows into the brew kettle and the mash kettle is removed. The boiling process can now begin as normal.
The BrewEasy system comes in 2 sizes, for brews of:
- 19 litres – 28-litre mash kettle, 38-litre brew kettle
- 38 litres – 56-litre mash kettle, 75-litre brew kettle
The adapter set includes all connections for 2 kettles together with an AutoSparge.
The complete BrewEasy system from Blichmann (as detailed on the company website) also includes a pump, a gas burner and a control unit. We are unfortunately not yet able to offer these parts separately, as they do not yet meet European CE certification requirements.
To construct a complete, manually operated system (38 litres), the following components are required:
- 1x 057.200.15 – 56-litre BoilerMaker G2
- 1x 057.200.20 - 75-litre BoilerMaker G2
- 1x 057.108.15 - False bottom for the 56-litre BoilerMaker
- 1x 057.205.10 - BrewEasy adapter set for 38-litre brews
- 1x 018.600.15 - Pump’in 15 magnetic pump
- 2x 018.263.1312 – Tube spigot for the Pump’in 15
- 1x 123.225.5 – Mammuth 8.5 kW gas burner