Right of withdrawal
Can I still cancel the order, even after receiving and paying for the goods?
Yes, as a Consumer you can send back or exchange items ordered via the Website, unless the right of cancellation is explicitly excluded, without any problems within 14 calendar days of receipt. Every Consumer can exercise this right without paying any penalty and/or providing any reason, provided the following conditions are met:
- The items must be returned to us complete, in unused and undamaged condition and in the original and undamaged packaging.
- The cancellation must take place within a period of 14 days, which starts from the day and date on which receipt of delivery is signed for.
- These are goods for which the right of cancellation is not explicitly excluded (see below: Does the right of cancellation apply to all products?)
If you want to exercise your right to cancellation you must contact Brouwland within 14 days. You can do this by phoning +32 11 40 14 08, by email (click here) or by using the standard form which you can download here.
You must return the goods immediately in person or by sending them, and in all cases within 14 days from the date on which you informed Brouwland of your decision to take advantage of your right to cancellation.
Goods may only be returned after Brouwland has been notified. We will arrange with you how the package is to be returned. The return shipment must always be accompanied by a clearly filled in return form which you can download here.
You must return the products in the original, undamaged and original packaging, without any printed tape, sticker, nor any writing on the box, together with all accessories, instructions for use and (a copy of) the invoice/delivery note to:
You are responsible for the package from the moment it is sent until it is received by Brouwland. If you want to send goods back then you must use a reputable courier service. The shipping costs for returns are borne by the Purchaser.
If you want to bring the goods back yourself then you can do this during Brouwland's opening hours, which are shown on the Website.
At the latest fourteen days after the day we received notice that you want to exercise your right of cancellation, we will reimburse the amount you have already paid, including shipping costs, on condition that the goods were returned to us under the conditions set out above. Important: if you opted for a different form of delivery when purchasing than the standard, cheapest delivery, we will not reimburse the delivery costs.
We will only reimburse you when we have received all the items for which you want to exercise your right of cancellation, or if you have provided proof of these being sent - depending which occurs first.
Unless you have explicitly agreed to another (re)payment method, Brouwland will use the same payment method as you used to make the payment to Brouwland.
Does the right of cancellation apply to all products?
No, the right of cancellation does not apply to, for example:
- service agreements (such as workshops) when their performance has already begun, with your agreement:
- goods of a clearly personal character:
- goods which spoil or age quickly or which have a limited shelf-life (such as yeasts, enzymes, etc.);
- combined items which – for reasons of health protection or hygiene – are not suitable for returning once the package has been opened (e.g. additives, etc.);
- Sealed audio and video recordings once you have opened the packaging;
- newspapers, journals or magazines (unless dealing with a subscription);
- delivery of digital contents which are not supplied on a physical medium.
You must also remember that as a Consumer you are liable for any reduction in value to the goods resulting from any handling of the goods which went further than what was required to determine the type, the features and the functioning of the products.