This FastFerment™ Starter kit contains all the products you need for making extremely high quality beer easily and efficiently.
This starter kit contains:
- FastFerment™, plastic conical fermenter, volume 30 l (item no. 017.720.4)
- PBW™ Five Star 120 g (item no. 004.150.9)
- Star San HB Five Star 118 ml (item no. 004.160.4T)
- Brewferm® beer hydrometer with two scales (item no. 059.007.5)
- Measuring cylinder 200 ml (item no. 014.023.6)
- Stirrer 40 cm (item no. 017.987.9)
- Crown capper Emily 26 mm
- Crown caps 26 mm, gold, 100 pcs
- Bottle brush for beer bottles 30 cm
- Brewferm® liquid crystal thermometer strip 0-30°C
1. FastFerment™ is an all-in-one, conical fermenter, made of food grade high density polyethylene (HDPE). Primary and secondary fermentation in the same container, no transfers and no racking. Space-saving and easy to clean. Useful content: 20-25 litres.
- Volume: 30 l
- Total height from the bottom of the collection ball to top of lid: 83.3 cm
- Total height from the bottom of the collection ball to top of (included) airlock: 90.2 cm
- Total width with/without mounting side bolts: 37.5/26.2 cm
- Weight: 1.36 kg
- Content collection ball: 700 ml
- Easy to clean thanks to 15 cm screw lid
- Ability to harvest yeast
- No sediment or oxygen contamination
- Wall mount and 60 cm PVC tubing included
- Guaranteed consistent batches
- Integrated thermowell
- Should you have trouble sealing the lid, we advise to rub white Vaseline on the rubber ring and screw-thread inside the lid. This facilitates closing the lid.
- Don’t use hot water to clean the grey plastic parts around the valve, use lukewarm water up to 60°C instead.
2. PBW Five Star 120 g is a multifunctional cleaning agent, which you can use to clean your FastFerment™ thoroughly.
- Effective at all temperatures
- Safe to use on polycarbonate surfaces and soft metals
- Generates 4-5% oxygen
- Excellent hard water tolerance
- Removes protein residue and stains as well as baked-on carbon and fatty acids
- Contact time on Teflon of up to 30 minutes required
- General cleaning: 7-14 g/l
- Intensive cleaning: 21 g/l
User Instructions: use 7 to 14 grammes per litre of warm water for general cleaning purposes. Leave to soak with the warm mixture for 30 minutes. Rinse immediately with water at the same temperature. Make sure that the packaging is securely closed after use and store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated place. Keep out of reach of children.
3. Star San HB™ Five Star 118 ml is a high foaming, acid-anionic final rinse which you can use to disinfect your fermenter.
- Keeps your fermenter spotless and prevents mineral build-up
- Is not impaired by organic contamination
- Contact time of just 1 minute required
- Dosage: 15 to 25 ml /10 l water
User instructions: Use Star San HB™ as a fi nal rinse. Before use, remove large food particles and waste by pre-rinsing the surface. Then wash all components thoroughly with PBW™ followed by potable water. Use a solution of 15 to 25 ml Star San HB™ per 10 litres of water. Apply to surface with a cloth, mop, sponge or spray or by immersion. Spray 15 to 20 cm from surface and rub with a brush, cloth or sponge. The surface must remain wet for at least 1 minute. Then leave to air-dry. Make sure that the packaging is securely closed after use and store in a well-ventilated place. Keep out of reach of children. Attention: Do NOT mix Star San HB™ with chlorinated cleaning agents, as this may result in chlorine gas.
- Easy to read off
- Range: 0-28° Plato 1.000 - 1.120 specific gravity
- Read out: 0.5° Plato; 0.02 specific gravity
- Length 275 mm, diameter 17 mm
- User instructions in 4 languages plus temperature correction table
5. Non-graduated transparent plastic measuring cylinder, 200 ml
- Volume: 200 ml
- Height 25 cm, diameter 3 cm
6. Plastic stirrer, 40 cm, for mixing the yeast
- With rounded end
- Heat-resistant plastic
7. Crown Capper Emily 26 mm
With 2 levers, magnet and replaceable head. Made of nylon, very solid construction. Impossible to damage bottle neck. Including 2 heads (26 and 29 mm). For all beer bottles and champagne bottles with crown caps. Not suitable for COMBI model 75 cl (017.534.9).
8. Crown corks 26 mm gold 100 pcs
Caps with plastic lining. Suitable for all regular beer bottles. Not sterilisable.
9. Bottle brush 30 cm for beer bottles
- Length: 12 cm
- Diameter: 4 cm
10. Brewferm® liquid crystal thermometerstrip 0-30 °C
Self-adhesive thermometer with liquid crystals that displays the correct temperature of your barrel, bucket or bottle continuously. Highly suitable for controlling fermentation temperature. Indispensable for every homebrewer.
- Simply stick to barrel, bucket or bottle; leaves no adhesive residue after removal
- No need for batteries
- Wide temperature range: 0-30°C
- No risk of glass breakage
- Length: 20.5 cm
- Do not immerse in liquids, clean with moist cloth