Control your fermentation temperature accurately, every time.
Temperature control is one of the most crucial elements for producing a good quality beer. It needs to be regulated and stable throughout the whole fermentation process to ensure the yeast doesn't get stressed and ferments correctly to get the right flavour profile.
With the ability to individually power and control the temperature of up to 4 Grainfather Conical Fermenters, each with their own fermenting schedules, the Grainfather Glycol Chiller is the perfect addition to ensure superior fermenting results.
With the addition of the Glycol Chiller, your system is operating at the ultimate level and you are even able to cold crash and lager down to 4-6ºC (39-43°F). The Glycol Chiller connects to a hidden cooling sleeve, located in between the 2 stainless steel walls of the Conical Fermenter. After dialling your desired temperature into the Conical Fermenter’s digital temperature control, the liquid then travels through this sleeve, cooling the stainless steel, which in turn cools the beer in the fermenter. The cooling sleeve never comes into contact with the beer, is completely concealed and does not need cleaning or sanitising - a true innovation for a fermenter of this scale.
- Allows you to cold crash 23 litres (6 US Gal) of wort to as low as 4-6ºC (39-43°F). Minimum temperature will vary based on external factors such as ambient room temperature, the number of fermenters connected and other environmental conditions.
- Cools and powers up to 4 Conical Fermenters at different temperatures and fermenting schedules.
- Glycol Chiller
- Wall outlet power cord with plug
- 2 x cooling connection couplers
- 2 x 2 m (6.5 ft) insulated hoses
- 1 x glycol funnel
- 1 x silicon tube for priming pump
Note: When you receive your unit, you will need to fill it up with a propylene glycol mixture. Refer to the instructions provided with the Glycol Chiller for mixing, filling and pump priming information.