- Guaranteed free of organic and chemical contaminants
- Completely neutral flavour profile
- No more clogged filter beds
- Add during mash, using approx. 5% adjunct
When to use: whenever you expect problems lautering the mash:
- When using a lot of wheat malt (more than 50%) – wheat malt has no husks, which makes lautering difficult.
- When using a lot of unmalted grain (flakes)
- When using rye (rye has no husks either, but can lead to a type of "gel" forming on the grain bed). The filter can become blocked, with no more liquid able to pass through the grain bed (a.k.a. a stuck sparge). You can use Brewferm rice hulls to prevent this from happening. They make the filter bed less compact, allowing liquids to penetrate more easily.