Brew Monk™ FAQ
- +My filter plate does not fit properly/tends to fall through the malt pipe.
Turn the filter plate over or order a new model of filter plate at Brouwland.
- +My Brew Monk switches off while I'm brewing.
This is the boil-dry protection that automatically switches off the heating element, because the bottom has become too hot. The Brew Monk needs to cool down first, before this message is reset. One potential cause is that the grain is crushed too fine, causing particles to burn on the bottom, resulting in generating too much heat. Another possible cause could be that the bottom is dry when pumping the wort. This can be remedied by slightly closing the tap of the circulation pipe, so that a slower circulation speed is maintained.
- +The bottom of my Brew Monk is burned.
This is because the grain is too finely crushed. This causes the smaller particles to fall through the malt pipe and burn on the bottom of the Brew Monk.
- +My pump no longer works.
If the pump makes a buzzing sound, it is probably clogged. Try to flush out the suction hole or circulation pipe with a garden hose so that the blockage is released. If the pump no longer makes any noise at all, it is probably broken. Contact Brouwland. The pump should never run dry.
- +My Brew Monk is leaking at the bottom.
One of the tubes from the pump to the circulation pipe may be torn or loose. This is probably caused by using too hot water in the pump. At the time of purchase you have received a bag with a spare tube. Loosen the 3 screws at the bottom to fix this.
- +My screen doesn't show anything/everything anymore.
Please contact Brouwland.
- +My Brew Monk does not reach its boiling temperature.
Cover the kettle with the lid for about 2 minutes. If this does not have the desired effect, carry out a temperature correction (see manual).
- +Up to what temperature can I use the pump?
The pump can be used up to a temperature of 75°C. If you want to use the whirlpool arm, the wort must first be cooled to below 75°C before the pump can be switched on.
- +How much malt can I use in the Brew Monk?
Maximum 8 kg in the regular Brew Monk; 12 kg in the Brew Monk Magnus.
- + Can I also install a transparent circulation pipe on the older Brew Monk version?
Yes, it can be purchased in our e-shop and can easily be replaced by yourself.