|Cleaning or disinfecting?|
Cleaning and disinfection are indissolubly bound to eachother. Cleaning involves removing visible and invisible dirt and is done with a conventional detergent such as sodium triphosphate. Do not use any standard kitchen products (Dreft, Mr Clean, Cif, etc.). They are usually scented and obviously the scent can have a harmful effect on your wine/ beer. Disinfection involves killing bacteria, moulds, yeasts, etc. and is mostly done using a product made from active chlorine, hydrogen peroxide or iodine. Equipment must always be cleaned before it can be disinfected! There are also combination products on the market. Belgian and Dutch legislation prevents us from describing a product as a disinfectant without having it registered as a pesticide. For small companies, this is a wearisome and exorbitantly expensive process. Therefore you wont find ‘disinfectant’ on any single piece of our packaging.
The original heavy duty cleaner, made from caustic soda and active chlorine. Not very environmentally friendly, but removes almost any dirt. Suitable for glass, plastic and stainless steel. Do not use on copper or soft steel. ALWAYS RINSE WITH HOT WATER AFTER USE.
Dosage: 5 g/5 l hot/warm water. Leave to soak for 15 minutes to 1 hour. Rinse well afterwards.
Acid-based, no-rinse cleaner for all light duty cleaning in just one treatment (rinsing is not necessary if drained well!). Its hygienic cleaning power is not influenced by organic substances. Suitable for all equipment except copper and steel. Also suitable for rinsing washable filter cartridges.
Dosage: 1 % (250 ml makes 25 l of cleaning solution). Contact time: 5-10 minutes.
THE no-rinse, environmentally friendly cleaner for all light duty cleaning in just one treatment! Active oxygen minimizes contact time and guarantees hygienic cleaning. Rinsing afterwards is not necessary.
Dosage: 4 g/litre hot water. Contact time: 2-5 minutes.